Mount Kenya Climb Chogoria route out Naro Moru 6 Days
Day 1: Nairobi – Chogoria
After breakfast we depart Nairobi from the Parkside hotel and head to Chogoria town arriving in time for lunch at the Transit hotel. The journey takes 3 to 3.5 hours. Afternoon will be spent walking around the town for acclimatization. Dinner and overnight at the Transit Hotel.
Day 2: Chogoria – Meru Mount Kenya Lodge (Bandas)
After breakfast we take 4×4 and drive up to the edge of the bamboo forest where we start our trekking through the dense bamboo forest for distance of 10 km up to the Bandas for lunch. Afternoon will be spent walking around the lodge with a view of beautiful sceneries. Dinner and overnight at the Bandas.(accommodation at Bandas is of single beds.hot shower and bon fire self catering bandas)
Day 3: Meru Mount Kenya Lodge (Bandas) to Mintos Hut
After breakfast leave the lodge for Mintos Hut for a distance of 15 km. Uphill having our lunch enroute. Dinner and overnight at Mintos Campsite.
Day 4: Mintos to Summit – Mackinders
After pre dawn breakfast we leave the campsite at 2.00 am. For the summit arriving at 6.30 am for sunrise, Kilimanjaro and the coast line Views. After 10 to 15 minutes of photography we descend via Austrian Hut to Mackinders camp for breakfast hence spend the whole day enjoying beautiful views. Dinner and overnight at Mackinders Camp.
Day 5: Mackinders Camp to Met Station
After breakfast leave the camp and descend to Met Station via the Moor land and the vertical borges arriving in time for lunch. Dinner and overnight at the Met Station Lodge.
Day 6: Met Station – Gate – Nairobi.
After breakfast leave Met Station and descend to the Naro Moru Park Gate a distance of 10 km to connect your transport back to Nairobi arriving afternoon. (with option of our continuation to Moshi)
Price inclusive of:
- Transport from Nairobi To Chogoria transit hotel by private Transport
- Accommodation at Transit Motel Double rooms B/B
- Complimentary at chogoria on first day
- Accommodation at Mt Kenya Bandas Single Beds , hot shower and Bon fire.
- 4 x4 transfer on Chogoria route
- 3 meals per day while trekking
- 5 days Mt. Kenya trek
- 4 nights accommodation while trekking
- Transport from Naro Moru gate to Nairobi by private Transport
- All government park fees
- English/German Speaking Chief Mountain Guide and one Assistant Guide (Group)
- English Speaking Porters and cooks
- Mt Kenya Certificate after successful summit challenge
Exclusive of Tents and Sleeping mats, Gloves, Sun glasses, Sleeping bag, Hats , Rain suits, Warm Jacket, Heavy boots, Scarf’s, Rain Trousers.