Day 1. Samburu National Reserve;
Depart Nairobi in the morning heading north via shoulder of mount Kenya to Samburu Game reserve for lunch. Afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight at Campsite.
Day 2. Samburu;
Full day in Samburu with morning and afternoon game drives. All meals and overnight at campsite.
Day 3. Marsabit;
After breakfast we head north along the trans Africa highway to Marsabit an extinct Volcano heavily forested on the upper slopes. Set up camp and visit the lodge inside the National Park, see elephants buffalo ,greater Kudu among others as the lodge is perched on the edge of the water filled crater . Thick forest hampers deeper penetration and viewing so we don’t penetrate further.
Day 4. Kalacha
Visit Marsabit town and another volcanic crater and later come back into the desert and lava flows. Camp at Kalacha, which is a small settlement on the edge of the Chalbi desert.
Day 5. Lake Turkana.
Early morning departure crossing the Chalbi desert. When wet, the desert can not be crossed and alternative routes to the south and north are used. Arrive at the campsite outside Loiyangalani enjoying a cool breeze from the lake soon after lunch. Pitch tents and relax protected from the scorching sun and heat characteristic of the harsh climate of this remote area.
Day 6. Lake Turkana.
Relax and bath only to be interrupted by short boat excursion to visit the surrounding areas. also loiyangalani and the community settled there. Evening make a visit to the Turkana manyattas for traditional dances under a star studded sky at an extra cost if acceptable by clients. An experience to treasure.
Day 7. Maralal.
We join through south Horr and Baragoi to Maralal, a forested area.
Day 8. Nairobi.
Move southwards via Laikipia and Thomson Falls (Nyahururu) and drive back to Nairobi arriving in the afternoon.
Tour Price Includes:
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari.
- Meal plan as described, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner.
- Accommodation in double/twin/triple room sharing.
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes and service of an English speaking professional driver/guide.
- Game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- Exclusive transport in a safari tour bus 4 x 4 or 4×4 Toyota Jeep with a game viewing roof hatch and UHF radio.
- Recommended Mineral Water while on safari
Things you need to budget for. The price does not include:
- Items of a personal nature
- Christmas and Easter Supplements