This award-winning tree lodge was built in 1986 and is our youngest property. It is located in Shimba National Reserve, Kenya ‘s last remaining habitat of the Rare Sable Antelope
The lodge stays refreshingly cool in its forest setting despite being only 45 minutes drive from the hot, humid coastal city of Mombasa (and 30 minutes from the South coast resorts of Diani).
The lodge overlooks a waterhole and is a bird- and animal-watcher’s paradise. Dramatic black and white Colobus Monkeys, herds of Elephant and graceful Giraffes are often seen at Shimba. For the very fortunate, the Leopard will make a rare appearance. A wooden walkway extending 120 m into the forest takes nature lovers to a viewing spot that allows for the unobtrusive viewing of birds and butterflies. Other adventures include a visit to Sheldrick Falls, or an evening game drive followed by a walk through the forest that ends with drinks and snacks in a glade.
You can view the Usambara Mountains in Tanzania from the sundowner site. All rooms have balconies overlooking the waterhole. The lodge also boasts a restaurant on a covered verandah, frequented by Bush Babies in search of tit bits. Enjoy the achingly beautiful sunsets and sunrises at the lodge’s sundowner site.
Treetops and Shimba are located very close to the wild animals. For this reason, children under the age of 5 are not allowed at either of these lodges, both for their safety and to maintain the quiet of the environment.
Tour Price Includes:
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari.
- Meal plan as described, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner.
- Accommodation in double/twin/triple room sharing.
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes and service of an English speaking professional driver/guide.
- Game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- Exclusive transport in a safari tour bus 4 x 4 or 4×4 Toyota Jeep with a game viewing roof hatch and UHF radio.
- Recommended Mineral Water while on safari
Things you need to budget for. The price does not include:
- Items of a personal nature
- Christmas and Easter Supplements