At 200kmNorth of Malindi lies a haven from civilization, Lamu Island is a unique medieval Swahili town with no roads or vehicles, its streets designed wide enough to allow only the passage of camels and donkeys. On a shopping spree there are carvings, brass & gold, Arab sea chests and lots of intriguing artifacts, not forgetting a visit to the interesting museum.
Day 1. Lamu.
Fly to Manda Island. A few minutes by boat takes you to Lamu Hotel for accommodation. Half board accommodation at Island Hotel.
Day 2. Lamu.
Full day to relax, explore and shopping. Overnight at Island Hotel or similar.
Day 3. Nairobi.
Return to Manda Island for your flight back to Nairobi.
Tour Price Includes:
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari.
- Meal plan as described, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner.
- Accommodation in double/twin/triple room sharing.
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes and service of an English speaking professional driver/guide.
- Game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- Exclusive transport in a safari tour bus 4 x 4 or 4×4 Toyota Jeep with a game viewing roof hatch and UHF radio.
- Recommended Mineral Water while on safari
Things you need to budget for. The price does not include:
- Items of a personal nature
- Christmas and Easter Supplements