Note: This Safari Package can also begin from Nairobi and end in Nairobi or Mombasa
Day 1: Fly From Mombasa to the Mara
Early morning transfer from your Mombasa hotel to Moi International Airport for the flight to the Masai Mara. On arrival, you will be met and transferred to the lodge or camp for check-in and lunch. Lunch is followed by a late afternoon game viewing drive. Return to camp for sunset drinks and dinner.
The Mara is a spectacular expanse of open grassland which covers 1,510 kms in the south-west corner of Kenya. The tree-lined Mara River has a healthy population of hippos and crocodiles. The crocodiles are most active during the Mara River crossings of the great migration.
Wildlife roam freely throughout the vast Masai Mara Ecosystem. There are no boundaries or fences to obstruct the movement and migration of animals. The Masai Mara and the Serengeti effectively form a continuous ecosystem and jointly host the annual spectacle of the migration.
Each year, normally in August and September, the Mara plays host to the most spectacular Wildebeest Migration. Millions of ungulates move across the plains in an endless stream. Watching this vast herd move with the predators that follow them is fascinating. Thousands of wildlife documentaries and photographs bear testament to this amazing phenomenon and reserve.
Day 2 & 3 : Explore the Masai Mara
Each morning rise at dawn with tea and coffee and enjoy a game drive before breakfast. An afternoon game drive with sundowners in the bush completes the activities for the day. Game drives are conducted in 4WD Landcruisers with expert guides that are knowledgeable and passionate about the flora and fauna of the Masai Mara.
There is an option to enjoy a hot air balloon ride and float across the savannah plains above herds of wildlife. Watch the sun rise over the horizon and after an hour flight (with ample opportunities for photography and video filming); enjoy a tasty bush breakfast before a return game drive back to camp.
The Maasai are a proud semi-nomadic cattle-rearing people with a fascinating culture. Meet the local Maasai community on a visit to a local school and village (manyatta).
Feel the wilderness, smell the air and experience the thrill of seeing wildlife on foot. Guided game walks are conducted in the company of Maasai guides at a comfortable pace. The guides will also provide a wealth of information on the traditional medicinal uses of plants and Masai folklore. Walks can be taken either in the morning or afternoon, and take around 1 to 2 hours
Day 4: Depart Masai Mara to Mombasa
Enjoy a final early morning game drive. After breakfast, transfer back to the airstrip for the scheduled flight to Mombasa, where the your Masai Mara flight safari ends.
- Teas & Coffees
- All meals
- Guiding fees
- Internal flights
- Park entry fees
- Gratuities for guides and staff
- International flights
- Visa fees
- Drinks and porterage
- Telephone bill, laundry and personal items
Price (per person USD)
2 Persons booked together (Jeep 4 X 4) 1395
4 Persons booked together (Jeep 4 X 4) 1375
6 Persons booked together (Jeep 4 X 4) 1355
- Prices are for Peak (1st July to October) and High Seasons (1st November to end of March)
- 15th December to 15th January added supplements
- Please enquire for low season (1st April to end of June) prices
- Children below 11 years – 50% of the Adult price
- Children above 11 years to 15 years – 75% of the Adult price
Tour Price Includes:
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari.
- Meal plan as described, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner.
- Accommodation in double/twin/triple room sharing.
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes and service of an English speaking professional driver/guide.
- Game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- Exclusive transport in a safari tour bus 4 x 4 or 4×4 Toyota Jeep with a game viewing roof hatch and UHF radio.
- Recommended Mineral Water while on safari
Things you need to budget for. The price does not include:
- Items of a personal nature
- Christmas and Easter Supplements