Overnight at Shimba Lode …http://www.shimbalodge.net/
Day 1: Mombasa – Shimba Hills National Reserve
Leave Mombasa or Diani Beach hotel reception in the morning and drive to Shimba Hills. Short drive takes you through cashew nuts and palm tree plantations and also gives you an insight into the lifestyle of the local people(Mijikenda and the Digo). Begin game viewing as soon as you enter Shimba Hills National Reserve where you will see some wildlife among them elephants, various antelopes including the rare and endangered sable and roan antelopes. Lunch will be had at the Shimba lodge the only tree hotel at the coast. Shimba Hills Lodge enjoys great views and overlooks a waterhole where you can see wildlife congregating as well as experience the beautiful bird life
At 1530hrs we go out for another safari game drive before returning to the lodge for dinner and overnight. Special in Shimba Hills are the Samble Antelopes which only seen in Shimba Hills in whole of Kenya and the Glue Rainy Forest Trees .
Day 2: Shimba Hills National Reserve – Mombasa
After breakfast we proceed for a game drive until around 1000 hrs then we will be accompanied by a ranger for a guided walk to the Sheldrick’s falls. Later with game viewing en-route check out of the reserve and drive back to your hotel at around 16.30hrs
- 1:Cost 1 person 495.00 us dollars (Travelling alone in an 8 seater special safari minibus)
- 2:Cost per person 287.5 us dollars (2 people travelling a private safari )
- 3:Cost per person 235.00 us dollars (3 people travelling a private safari )
- 4:Cost per person 213.75 us dollars (4 people travelling a private safari )
- 5:Cost per person 201.00 us dollars (5 people travelling a private safari)
- 6:Cost per person 192.5 us dollars (6 people travelling a private safari) Transport Special safari minibus –see the photograph
Tour Price Includes:
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari.
- Meal plan as described, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner.
- Accommodation in double/twin/triple room sharing.
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes and service of an English speaking professional driver/guide.
- Game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- Exclusive transport in a safari tour bus with a game viewing roof hatch and UHF radio.
- Recommended Mineral Water while on safari game drives
Things you need to budget for. The price does not include:
- Items of a personal nature
- Christmas and Easter Supplements